Monday, 7 March 2005

Mayfair

I have this thing about going on 'adventures' around London, by adventures I mean walking around bits of the expanse that is LDN. I'm sure I'm not alone here but when I tell people about these 'adventures' they look at me a bit weird. I'll let you make your own mind up.

It was Mayfair's turn today, a slab of land sandwiched between Oxford Street and Piccadilly. Marie (bless her, she humours me on these 'adventures' which is why I love her) and I strolled around, eating our sarnies outside the US embassy on Grosvenor Square as well as having fun exploring the rabbit warren lanes of Shepherd's Market.

The nearest I got to adventure was nearly buying some flip-flops but I thought it was a little bit too early just yet. I did however re-discover the joy of 'Looking For Today' which features on the Black Sabbath album 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' and rocks like a bastard.

In the evening Marie paid for me to go to 'Festen' which is on at the Lyric in the West End. It was alright for a play about a dad having sex with his children, highlights included Paul Nicholls characterisation which was wonderful in an odd way, rigid but shifting body posture and a halting but firm dead pan delivery; nicely echoed by one of the supporting characters whose name I can't remember. The set was also excellent and nice to see a bit of dignified minimalism in the West End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.