Sunday, 17 April 2005

17th April 1976

Today is my birthday, I am 29. Today is also the birthday of Posh Spice who is 31.

Last night we performed in a house in Upton and the show went really well, I was half pissed on 4 cans of lager and the audience were drunker than I was so it was laughs all round and a fair craic. I do like doing shows in people's houses.

The only downside was the endless double-act banter of Mark and our technician Jim which is annoying the hell out of me and to be honest I'm starting to find upsetting. It's taking the shine off the tour, getting in the van and wondering what shit I'll have to put up with as Jim joins a long line of pseudo working class lads who seemingly side with Mark in an effort to push their credentials at my expense. It's not far off from bullying and I'm tired of it, the pair of them constantly trying to get the rise out of me. I wonder what they want? For me to lose my temper and say some nasty things? Seems like Jim makes a living out of winding people up and I suppose as a short arse he's had to learn to use his gob but it's wearing thin, I'm not his enemy, he doesn't need to posture like this to prove anything to me. He's making himself look base and ignorant in my eyes.

So I'm going to have a word with both of them and draw a line under this behaviour. I just hope they listen.

Tonight Marie and I are out with friends in London at The Castle pub for a few beers and some food so if you're around, join us. We'll be there from 7pm.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Daniel-l-l-l-l, happy birthday to you.

    Have a fantastic day doing whatever the heck you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what Jodi said.

    There's a little birthday post for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day closer to 30, pal. Remember when you thought 30 was old? Wait til you get to 45.

    Hope the worst day of your 29th year is still better than the best day of your 28th.

    Urgh. Scuse me while i wipe the saccharine off my keyboard.

    Yeharr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!
    And to share it with Posh Spice--impressive. My brother shares his birthday with David Beckham . . . I, on the other hand, share mine with Paul Simon and David Lee Roth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy, if belated birthday to ya!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.