Saturday, 23 April 2005

Our Style is Legendary

What have you seen, what have you been through? I know trouble and trouble says he don’t know you. I know pain and pain says he don’t know you. I know war and war says he don’t know you. I know crime and crime says he don’t know you. I know street and street says he don’t know you. I know suffering and suffering says he don’t know you. I know hunger and hunger says he don’t know you. I know robbery and robbery says he don’t know you. I know ghetto and ghetto says he don’t know you. I know poverty and poverty says he don’t know you.

Thought I'd post another excerpt from my new show that'll be on in June: 'Human Shrapnel', as I'm just in the process of finishing off the script at the moment. This show will act as my drama school showcase (along with a site specific two-hander) so I'm under pressure to make it really good as this should be my springboard to getting an agent and getting better quality acting work. I'm on draft number four now and already I keep wanting to tweak it.

I reckon I'll post bits and pieces of it here over the next few weeks so please feel free to let me know what you think about what I've written. The section above comes near the end and is a bit of a steal from a fantastic rhyme by Wiley on the Run the Road compilation. I hope he doesn't mind.

Last night at the Leicester Haymarket tonight, we sold out last night and have already done the same for today so it will be a fine send off. Marvellous.

2 comments:

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.