Saturday, 21 May 2005

Stressed and Saddam in his Pants

I hate taking out my stress on my lovely lady Marie but last night I did and I've been doing it a lot recently due to it being a difficult and busy time recently. I'm trying to write hundreds of letters, stuff envelopes with a picture of me and a CV (by the way Red, if you want to see what an actor's CV looks like I posted mine here a while back) and I need to get it all done quickly. And my printer is running out of link...

ARSE!

So I was a bit funny with Marie on the phone and I really regret that. Sorry 'Rie my darling and I hope you can forgive me.

On my blog travels the situation of a lowlife UK paper printing images of Saddam in his pants has caused some interesting debate. Here's my take on the matter before I get on with my work.
  • The Sun (a disgusting right-wing rag) who published the pictures is owned by Rupert Murdoch who also owns the NY Times who also published the pictures. This is a Rupert Murdoch issue and not a UK newspaper one.
  • Yes, it does breach the Geneva convention but so does torturing prisoners and the US previously defended that as viable action. Don't forget that the US military leaked these pictures and I believe on purpose thinking that somehow this will teach the Iraq insurgents a lesson.
  • It won't. It will make them even more angry and I believe cost lives as they become more determined to knock the smile off the face of the grinning coalition idiots and their high-handed, de-humanised behaviour.

I'll leave you with this picture.

2 comments:

  1. All it does is cost lives, but not those of the money people.

    The money people never die, for some strange, morally questionable reason.

    It's almost as if the alternative to a military-industrial economic base, namely the social-industrial economic base, which has made Europeans Xteen times wealthier than Americans scares the bomb makers.

    In fact, you could go so far as to suspect that keeping the average American poor and working to make the guns that are daily used against him to keep him in check is the real basis for the current expression of American "democracy."

    Of course, if you knew that, and wanted everyone to be wealthy, you'd be an evildoer, with a backward and brutal world opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I should mention that the social-industrial economic base has also made Canada 20X wealthier than America per capita.

    And that we compose almost 8% of their population, but 32% of CEOs of American corporations are Canadian.

    Anyway, I digress, excellent post, Daniel.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.