I thought I'd leave you for a while after I dumped all that sick ass p0rn on your minds but now I'm back and I promise not to mention p0rn in this post...
Red threw down the meme gauntlet to me and I respond in regal style thus:
- The total volume of music files on my computer is... 20GB of some of the best damn tunes you'll ever here spanning jazz to punk rock, funk, blues and even a bit of Justin Timberlake.
- The last CD I bought was... "MEZMERIZE" by System of a Down and I swear to God you gotta by this fucking album because it's just some of the most intense and expansive heavy metal you'll ever hear and it shits all over Metallica. Sorry Red.
- The song playing right now is... B.Y.O.B by System of a Down where I stole the title of this post from. If you see Bush or Blair please ask them that question.
- Five songs that mean a lot to me are... Damaged II by Black Flag because it saved my life and when I need to vent 29 years of anger and pain I use this track as a conduit. For No One by The Beatles as it's just one of the best love songs about a relationship being an empty, drab sham of a love affair that I know of. Cold Sweat by James Brown as he invents funk, which is a pretty cool thing to do. Fuck The Police by NWA as this record came around the time of me deciding to become a gansta and it fuelled my violent, drug induced rages and acts of crime and violence across Nottingham. Funhouse by The Stooges as this song represents the beginning of my musical awakening and is one of the densest jams you'll ever hear and it makes me want to spaz out and just throw myself into the beat of the drums.
- Which people are you passing this baton to, and why? Col.Dr because I reckon he'll have some top tracks up his virtual sleeve and Rich White because he used to like heavy metal and I'm curious as to what he likes now.
ENOUGH OF THAT! What the hell have I been up to? Good question and I have no idea as I decided to experiment with crack and it's all been a blur.
Only joking, there was no crack but there was Ben Folds and a gig at the Hammersmith Apollo which was like a trip down memory lane as he played some old Ben Folds Five Stuff. Had a wonderful night swaying to his unique brand of melodic, piano driven pop only spoilt by him playing songs off his new album which remind me of Billy Joel. Not good.
Today was interesting as I spent all day in a bullying workshop so I can deliver said workshop in schools across the land to stop kids whacking one another in the chin and guts when they have low self-esteem and want to take it out on others. How we're expected to help kids when our world leaders behave in that way I've no idea but I can at least attempt to halt the downfall of mankind with said workshop.
Met some lovely people who I'll hopefully meet again, that's if I didn't put then off with my comprehensive knowledge of p0rn...