That's all Great Britain is according to an excellent report released today by an independent thinktank in the UK, the PDF is here so please go read and digest the full facts but in summary it makes some interesting points that the Blair government is, of course, denying.
- The war in Iraq is increasing the threat of terror rather than decreasing it
- The war in Iraq is acting as an excellent fund raiser for terrorist organisations and a great recruiting tool
- The UK is the weaker partner in the alliance with the US, thus:
- We are compromising our own security by standing with them and letting them drive the agenda and...
- We are more at risk of being targeted due to our allegiance to the US
Blair has been at pains to dress-up the London bombings as another part of the 'evil ideology' rather than a response to policy, making the point that no matter what we do, they will continue to pursue their 'evil' ways. What rubbish! Cause and effect anyone? Or is that out of fashion in these with us or against us times?