Wednesday, 3 August 2005

I Closed Nottingham Station


Back in my manor today, not only to hang out with Marie for a few days but also to meet the director of the show I'm in (he lives in Sheffield) that's starting rehearsing 22nd August and to get some new promo photos done with an excellent photographer called Simon Boltan (here are some images from his latest exhibition) and to get a haircut.

So when I was waiting in the car park at Nottingham station I spotted that there was a large rucksack that had been left, partly hidden by a car. In the current climate I had to make a decision, bring the station to a standstill by reporting the item or hope it was nothing and wait for Marie to pick me up.

I did the former. But only after going to the British Transport Police Office that is right next to Nottingham station, only to find that no one was in after repeated buzzer pressing. So much for the war on terror. So I had to go into the station to reprot it and lo and behold the station was closed. I felt a wee bit guilty for ruining many people's commutes but better that than a real bombscare. Right?

15 comments:

  1. Definitely.

    People complain when their lives are put on hold for just the smallest inconvenience. But if that delay is life-saving and could stop the world from turning, then it's no longer an inconvenience really. You'll be late if your train doesn't come right NOW? Big bloody deal. Your life may have just been saved.

    You did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe I just said 'bloody.' I guess I'm wearing my British hat today.

    Bloody wankers. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did the right thing man, Better safe than sorry as they say

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice. And Jodi, you're bloody strange today... All talking English and accusing people of having spooky eyes. Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the paramount citizen--protesting one day, reporting strange packages the next. I'm trying to imagine you as a protagonist in a George Orwell novel, hopefully with a happier ending.

    Hmmm, I meant that as a compliment, but I don't think it turned out that way....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did the right thing and years from now you'll tell this story to your kids.I think that wih all that's going on with world politicts we ought to resurect the commune and focus on living quiet lives of peace in communities of people we can trust. When all else fails, bring it back to what you know. Hmm.. Was that a little tangential?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent blog! I give it an A+ with a Gold Star!! I'll be creating a blog on Sony PSP soon, in the meantime if you want to review my website on sony psp, i'd really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my good grief....you should send them a note with Dear Cocksuckers in the adress bar

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did the right thing mate..It baffles me how folks leave stuff laying round without thinking of what could happen.It's good that you were aware!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dan. you were entirely correct.
    I have just given several thousand irate commuters your blog address but this should in no way be considered a critisism. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i don't remember how many times this has happened at the airport, when i use to work there...and this was before 9/11 ... commuters would be so irate, but oh well ... good job, you did the right thing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mariah Carey's "Hero" comes to mind:O)

    I'll err on the side of...caution -- anytime

    Shorthand for "you done well"

    toodles...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the lovely comments, even the two anon adverts...

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.