Saturday, 20 August 2005

Pitseleh

I think it may not be as clear as it should be on this blog that I love music. Behind Marie and acting music is my life. And before Marie came along and I was disillusioned with being a show off music was the topper most of the popper most.

I own 568 albums at the last count and a vast array of music on my PC.

The music of Elliott Smith however touches me more deeply than most in my collection, the song Pitseleh particularly cuts through me with the profundity of its lyrics and the intensity of its feeling. I'll leave you with some fragments...

I'm not what's missing
From your life now
I could never be the puzzle pieces
They say that God makes problems
Just to see what you could stand
Before you do as the Devil pleases
Give up the thing you love

The first time I saw you
I knew it would never last
I'm not half what I Wish I was
I'm so angry
I don't think it'll ever pass
And I was bad news for you
Just because
I never meant to hurt you



ELLIOTT SMITH 6/8/1969 – 21/10/2003

10 comments:

  1. My friend Adam named his son Paul Elliot after him...

    Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, somehow trying to link to him didn't work, so I'll have to email you the link. Hope that fucking works...

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I suggest some Chris Isaak? He's one of those exceptionally entertaining musicians whose music can fit damn near any occasion, yet he never really crossed from "just under the radar" to quite mainstream. I would either reccomend San Fransisco Days or Heart Shaped World as a first course. Those are, in my humble opinion, his two best. By the way...How was the Uzo? I made three nights out of the stuff once when I was in the service and...uhhhh...not really sure if I ever recovered the proper mental clarity to discuss the trip. Greece is alot of fun. Until later...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be straight with you Jeff, Chris Isaak is a little bit to MOR for me with his revisonist 50s college rock but each to his own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Elliott Smith, If i remeber right
    Dan i think it was you who turned me onto him.

    Hes another Lyric from Elliott which i fucking love

    "because your candle burns too bright
    well, i almost forgot it was twilight
    even if i think that you are right
    well, i'm tired of being down, i got no fight"

    ReplyDelete
  7. they think his wife murdered him now that they know he wasn't just some drunken cock nobody cared about.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.