Thursday, 24 November 2005

This Will All Be Someone Else's Dream

I very rarely quote Take That (I am a closet fan) but tonight seems apt.

Today I had a very important audition, it was important because of what it'll do for my career, important because the venue is close to my heart, important because the play deals with a story that moves me utterly. I want this job more than I want my lungs to function.

I'll find out in a few days. Think of me.

I'd like to say thanks to Keith, Marie and Kirky for their inspiring, supportive and kind words. I hope I didn't let you down.

Two random things for you:
  1. There should be more jokes about cancer. It's a comedy minefield waiting to explode.
  2. The girl keeps staring at her reflection in the train window, sometimes she pouts, sometimes she scours her face for imperfection, sometimes she lets the tears roll down her cheeks, sometimes she looks at me.

11 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well mate..Any chance you will play Notts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A woman has a full examination at the doctors and returns a week later for the results.."Well Mrs Scrote i would suggest you buy some nappys" say the doc..."Am i pregnant?" says Mrs scrote, "no you have bowl cancer" came the reply.

    Nasty but it made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you are to replace Robbie in the forthcoming Take That reunion? Cool...are you auditioning as fat Robbie or fit Robbie? I'm not going to wish you luck, because if you are THAT good, you won't need it. ;-)

    Now a joke:

    Q How many cancer patients does it take to screw in a light bulb?

    A. Just one, but it takes a support group to cheer him on, and there's a lot of grieving afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Break a leg!!! And keep us posted! And give wonderful Marie an extra kiss from me. She is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck mate....let us know how you got on......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strength. If it's for you great. If not you'll be free for the best to follow.

    Either way you win.

    Fli hi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comments on my blog.... how did it go?

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.