Sunday, 12 February 2006

The Big Adventure

The visitors keep flooding in but I don't want to get bogged down in a political swamp just yet (but if people think attacking Iran is a good thing they'll have to do so over my dead body) so I'd thought I'd share with you what my good friend Mark is going to be up to for his next theatre project.

It is called 'The Big Adventure' and I'll let Mark explain...

Ever since I was a child I've wanted to be a travelling minstrel, walking the country telling stories and entertaining people. This spring we at Hard Graft Theatre Company are attempting to walk coast to coast from Bangor to Boston. Myself (Mark Whiteley) and another (I still haven't found anyone yet) will walk 20 miles a day and perform every evening. To make it more adventurous we'll have no money, food or place to stay, everything we live on and from will be sought on route.

The route could take us through Caernarfonshire, Denbighshire, Merioneth, Flintshire, Cheshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Rutland.
Each evening we will literally "sing for our supper" (not really sing, but tell stories about great adventures). If you know Hard Graft Theatre Companies work you will know that we strive to be the first in most things, first national tour of living rooms, charity shops and the first to sell a performance on eBay etc. We are looking for venues from Bangor to the coast of Lincolnshire, theatres, village halls, fields, living rooms, boats, caravans, barns, sheds, gardens if you come up with a venue and the audience we'll consider it.


We open on May 4th 2006 somewhere in Wales the rest is up to you. if you have a venue you'd like us to play Contact us.

How cool is that? So if you live in the UK and fancy making your home into a theatre then drop Mark an email (and I hope to be the other person involved but we'll see...)

6 comments:

  1. I have friends who do this here with Folk music. I love it. We've had themto our home several times, and plan on doing it again once the baby's born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I can only imagine the stories to tell afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The minstrels were SIGINT agents for the Cathari cult, transmitting illicit messages between covens to elude the wrath of Catholic zealots.

    They were often coopted by the Hapsburg princes for counterintel work, in order to elude the suspicions of ordinary folk.

    Play on, brother, play on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't most wandering minstrals end up beaten & hungry and dying of Pnumonia in a ditch somewhere?
    I'm guessing they will set the dogs on you. Hell, If you can get to Telford I might even get a dog especially.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel, I hope I haven't been too caustic with my comments. The news had me riled up with Cheney shooting the old man in the face without so much as a brief detainment, and the American soldier being charged for the equipment he lost when he was wounded...

    Please tell me we're still friends.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.