Monday, 27 February 2006

The Narrow Road

I think things are going to be getting better after a rough start to 2006.

Obviously the interest and excitement around Our Style is Legendary has been great, a real fillip, but at the end of the day I want to act more than I want to write and 2006 has not been good for acting and thus 2006 has been a nightmare for money and self-esteem. A real nightmare.

But things seem to be taking a new course.

I did a showcase for agents and casting directors last week, to be truthful I was a little embarrassed about it so didn't mention it; I was kinda selling myself all over again. I felt a bit of a failure. Failure is such an intrinsic part of acting it beggars belief, since the success of Bouncers I've had 6 auditions and whether it be that I'm the wrong colour, wrong height, live in the wrong place or simply not good enough, I've not worked since then.

However, the interest generated from that showcase has been amazing and by this week I should have secured representation with a major company that has access to the highest quality of acting work and then it's just down to me to be good enough...

Acting is a narrow road.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm sure 2006 will get busy for you soon. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon you'll be more than good enough! Keep up the spirit and don't let the that bugger of 'low self esteem' play havoc with ya head! ;) Here's looking at you kid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing, but the lean, hard times are the most dearly remembered. At the time, we spend a great deal of time wishing things were different, and only time can reveal how grateful we will be that they are not.

    I'm not trying to cheer you up, I'm just making sure that when you're bloody famous you remember the old Col. Dr.

    And if you do any screen work in Toronto let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follow the central line on the road mate..you will get there.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.