Thursday, 23 February 2006

Our Style is Legendary: Let's Push Things Forward

As you can imagine, the last few days have been really, really hectic, what with the reading and the fact I took part in a showcase to improve my acting fortunes; time has been short, many phonecalls have needed to be made, much chatting has been done and interviews set-up. I can only hope that this will lead to a turn for the better...

The reading itself, on Tuesday, couldn't have been more fucking brilliant; the actors hit there stride (thanks to Jonny, Ralph, James and Mark, who also had the awful job of playing me and of course massive thanks to the lovely director Ken for showing the faith, having the passion and knowing the score; I hope we remain in contact bled!) and as the reading ended and the audience applauded, I folded over the lighting board (where I was nervously watching from) and had a bloody good cry.

Perhaps it was seeing my youth played out in front of me all over again, or perhaps it was the love shown by the audience to the characters and how they followed them on their journey and kept faith even when the kids lose theirs. I don't know where you are Michael but I just hope you heard them clapping my beautiful brother...

My biggest fear is that all that this is where Our Style is Legendary will end, that it's content is too unfashionable, to blunt, to heart on sleeve, to full of the word cunt, to ever be where it belongs: on it's feet, in a theatre, playing to full houses!

Let's push things forward...

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I have five plays out there, and the total income from them is less than two grand, but I have seen them all acted by damn good actors (even directed one) and have folded over the light board in tears myself.
    Best wishes. (I think one of my problems is that they weren't full enough of the word cunt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my 15th, the content though is so personal that the effect has been overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing not worth calling a cunt is mob-friendly pap with no human grit.

    Better have one patron of knowledge and experience feel the play, than a thousand wannabes "be seen" watching it.

    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fear is that truthful, raw, honest and beautiful work like this won't be seen.
    I was at the reading. If only this work could be toured around communities. Made me laugh then
    ripped me heart out. That's the stuff.
    It made me think. It challenged me. It made me feel. It is an extraordinary piece of work Dan. Stark and bold and full of heart.
    Beats the shit out of the wallpapery dross that has made me avoid going to the theatre of late.
    Score my friend! In the back of the net.
    Catch it if you can people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one Dan,Here's hoping it makes it to Hood Town,I hope all goes well mate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! I really want to see this. Wish it wasn't so far! Any way to get a DVD? GOOD GOD, I'm sounding like George Bush. I think I'll go lie down for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  7. MAY PEACE BE UPON YOUR SOUL, HEART, MIND, AND BODY...AMEN.

    I'M SORRY IF THIS IS A BIT OFF TOPIC... BUT DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE BROTHER MOHAMED IS?
    NOTFA?
    THERE IS NO ONE WHO KNOWS HIM PERSONALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NO ONE CAN TELL US...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the reading went well and hope it continues forward. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it went fantastically! I do hope you manage to get it shown elsewhere...I will definitely love to see it.
    Well Done to you and all that helped and took part! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.