Friday, 3 February 2006

Our Style is Legendary: Update

As you may recall, I finished writing my 15th play not so long ago and have been in the process of trying to promote the bastard to all and sundry, in an effort to get it produced and/or feedback to make it better.

Operating Theatre Company took an interest in it and accepted it onto their intense feedback program, from there it is making the leap to a rehearsed reading on the 21st February 2006 at 7.30pm at the Tristan Bates Theatre as part of the Writer's Block event.

Fucking brilliant. I am so happy.

If you can make it along, please do so, as it is free and the director is great and a lovely chap who is funny and shares a passion in the story. It will also have a great cast, which we are currently in the process of getting and it is very exciting indeed but more on that when we have the actors.

In the meantime, I have to knock the play into shape and get ready as I'm going out to have it large (just beer and Chinese food, no smack rocks) with my friend Wendy whose birthday it is.

16 comments:

  1. Congrats to you! That's wonderful! Wish I could come, but I just can't make the flight... :) I'm sure you will have a terrific turnout and a fabulous review. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - excellent to see the play hitting theatre! Well done and congratulations. I really enjoyed reading it....Is there a chance of it coming to Nottingham or the Midlands at any time?Would be good to see it 'in action' so to speak.Bloody great for you! I'll get my shit together and give you some feedback

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck, and its good to see you in a better mood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great news indeed! Huzzah!

    I'll go and smack some rocks for you!

    Yeharr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shit hot!

    Wish I could see it. Glad to see your spirits lifted. You da man!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! I hope they cast a brilliant swinging man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could come! This must be great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to say Good Luck with your play.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck. Have fun and make $$.

    I've been involved with our local Fringe Festival, which is the second largest. I'm producing a dance company of local dancers from Venezuela.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm worried about NOTFA. No word from him?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats great Dan.

    Unfortunately I can't attend as the ticket from Brisbane is a little steep (and I might get a widdle cold in Bwitain).

    Regards

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well poo. That let's ME out, unless I buy a plane ticket. I wish you could get excerpts on film...?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's my birthday on that day and I have just booked 12 street prostitues from Latvia for the occasion. I would come but I don't think my deposit is refundable. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  14. That should have read "prostitutes" - you see, just thinking about it made my hands go all quivery. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's brill news mate..i will be seeing it when i can.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.