Monday, 21 August 2006

But...

I started to cry on the train.

Rolled my head right back and as the tears rolled down my face a girl put her hand on my leg and said: "Are you alright?"

I didn't know what to say so I just looked at her, she said: "This is my stop." and she kept her hand there until she had to go; not too heavy, not too light, just right.

"I wonder what he did wrong?" said no one.

I bit my lip so hard I drew blood but it didn't stop the tears making my face wet.

"Public transport is full of sad eyes gazing into the middle distance." no one said.

I watched a man save an insect, tenderly cupping its grass green form in his large, leathery hands and freeing it out of the train window.

I wish someone would do that to me. I wish someone would throw me out of the the window and let me find some beautiful place to get lost.

I wish someone would do that to us. I wish someone would throw us out of the the window and let us find some beautiful place to get lost.

"I see you're leaving me and taking up with the enemy?" said Elliott Smith.
But...

But...

But...