Wednesday, 30 August 2006

"What did Iraq have to do with what?"

The words of President Bush, in a briefing on the 21st August, the best bit of the discussion went as follows:

THE PRESIDENT: "You know, I've heard this theory about everything was just fine until we arrived, and kind of 'we're going to stir up the hornet's nest' theory. It just doesn't hold water, as far as I'm concerned. The terrorists attacked us and killed 3,000 of our citizens before we started the freedom agenda [freedom agenda? what kind of business speak is that?] in the Middle East."

Q: "What did Iraq have to do with that?"

THE PRESIDENT: "What did Iraq have to do with what?"

Q: "The attack on the World Trade Center?"

THE PRESIDENT: "Nothing, except for it's part of -- and nobody has ever suggested in this administration that Saddam Hussein ordered the attack. Iraq was a -- the lesson of September the 11th is, take threats before they fully materialize, Ken. Nobody has ever suggested that the attacks of September the 11th were ordered by Iraq. I have suggested, however, that resentment and the lack of hope create the breeding grounds for terrorists who are willing to use suiciders to kill to achieve an objective. I have made that case."

Took him long enough to admit it and remember that to justify the war, Bush informed Congress on March 19, 2003 that acting against Iraq was consistent with "continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001."

So that's why we have some 45,000+ dead Iraqi civilians and 2,633 dead US soldiers?

Brilliant...

10 comments:

  1. Wicked blog Dan. Big. Clever. Giant. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Bush is a right druggie he doesn't have a clue what day it is never mind about anything else. Can't beleive he's still in charge of America but ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. America for Americans?

    God?

    Excuse me while I laugh my partially black ass off for about...thirty seven more years.

    I hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It worries me most that he believes himself. The Dems should base their 2008 platform on a bullshit agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha haaaa I saw this on the Daily Show with John Stewart and that's it I believe no news channel showed it at all.

    I genuinly belive you can judge a Nation by it's ruler.

    The UK is run by a petty power hungry grinning fool, I think this reflects our insecurities after our neutering with the ruin of our old Empire.

    The US is run by a village idiot, I think this shows it's infancy as a nation and it will soon get a proper slap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't stand to hear the man speak. He was on the news the other night and I had to turn it off. It's driving me up a wall. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please tell me you heard about CNN's broadcast of Bush's speech a few days ago with the CNN news lady having her mic on in the bathroom??? Please!!

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/08/29/video-cnn-anchors-bathr_n_28268.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Emm, I got it, all over it like a bad rash.

    Glad you had top Edinburgh based fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These words are the US foreign policy for the 21st century.

    If they are able to use this sort of justification then there isn't a safe haven in the world. And that's just how the rabid warmongers want it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for reminding of a long gone post, one day I need to track back and read all of this stuff...

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.