Friday, 8 September 2006

Little Girl

Little girl, you're getting out of hand
Getting out of hand
I think I'm going to lose you now
Oh little girl, you know me too well anyway
Too well every day
I'm going home
I'm going beneath the stars
I'm going under the soil again
And I won't be back in a long time so get out
Get out of this old house
Before I burn myself down
I wouldn't want to cause you anything
That might break your lovely face
Into a thousand shattered china pieces
In this broken world made up of broken pieces

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful imagery. What sad content... I want to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work. Finally a poem that is less than sentimental and flowery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kick me in the balloons, that was a beaute

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.