Friday, 8 December 2006

Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out of

Dearest Michael, my brother, my best friend.

14 years have passed since I lost you and the pain and sense of loss has not diminished one iota, soon, the time since your death will eclipse your age when you died. What travesty that those that waste their lives, that piss and moan away their precious existence, should live whilst you do not.

The tears ran feely down my face as I walked to work this morning and memories of you filled my heart but, my sweet and perfect boy, I think that slowly I am finding peace.

I don’t believe in God so I know that you’re not in heaven. You’re in my heart, in my laugh, in the decisions I make. You are with me forever, sharing my life with me, side by side.

I miss you.

I love you.

“You've got to get yourself together, you've got stuck in a moment and now you can't get out of it.”

4 comments:

  1. Glad my Xmas spirit made you LOL Dan!
    What lovely thoughts about your memories of a loved one Dan. Truly special. Michael would be proud and touched I'm sure. Hugs and strength to you on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost a best friend to cancer over 30 years ago and it created the way I live every day of my life, to take every moment as a gift which should not be wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, um, just to clarify something, my saying Gloria Allred made it okay to hate the Jews was done in the same inane, but socially cautious way Michael used the N word in LA.

    I hope you really don't think I either confuse Jews with Israel, or think it's okay to hate them.

    Either way, be well.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.