Tuesday, 16 January 2007

Hold You in my Arms

When you came to me with your bad dreams and your fears
It was easy to see that you'd been crying
Seems like everywhere you turn catastrophe it reigns
But who really profits from the dying?
I could hold you in my arms
I could hold you forever
I could hold you in my arms
I could hold you in my arms forever
When you kissed my lips with my mouth so full of questions
It's my worried mind that you quiet
Place your hands on my face
Close my eyes and say
Love is a poor man's food
Don't prophesize
I could hold you in my arms
I could hold you forever
And I could hold you in my arms
I could hold you forever
So now we see how it is
This fist begets the spear
Weapons of war
Symptoms of madness
Don't let your eyes refuse to see
Don't let your ears refuse to hear
Or you ain't never going to shake this sense of sadness
I could hold you in my arms
I could hold on forever
And I could hold you in my arms
I could hold forever

Ray Lamontagne

10 comments:

  1. you are setting your self up for a big fall! be very careful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude you've gone Gaye on me.. have you met another woman ?

    Or are the constant love notes and poems just how you're feeling this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray Lamontagne is great.

    Here's another lyric:

    Oh mama don't walk away
    You leave me here bereaving from the words so hard and plain
    Saying the love that we had
    was just selfish and sad
    To see you now with him
    is just making me mad
    Oh so kiss him again
    just to prove to me that you can
    an I will stand here
    and burn in my skin
    Yes I will stand here
    and burn in my skin


    yeharr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm particularly enjoying the Google ads Daniel is drawing here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least if we fall, we fall together. Its the people who are scared to jump that I feel sorry for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you have a big fall, that's a story. Happy people have no story. You never hear about people crossing streets and not getting hit by a bus.

    I hope you have no story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So dude, this is the "Stunning Beauty" you were talking about during our convo, I know you don't judge by such things and saying that is the only way to tell me she's a good un. Well good luck dude. PS did you get the Pic I sent ?

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.