Monday, 5 March 2007

Goodbye to Debden

I was wandering through Debden and I found the above road sign vandalised, just about sums it up...

On the 8th of March 2007 I’m moving out of the flat that Marie and I have shared since September 2005.

That means leaving Essex, leaving Debden (officially Loughton but Debden is an entire world away from the tanning salons and Louis Vuitton handbags hanging off the arms of blonde girls in denim mini-skirts) and the final point of closure in the end of Marie and I's relationship. I made a decision that the breakdown of our love affair was not the stuff of public consumption, although moments of course leaked out onto the blog.

However, I would like to use this forum to genuinely wish Marie all the best for the future and all the success in the world, to take care of her heart and to respect herself always; to have faith in herself as an artist, teacher and human. I am grateful for the last 6 years we’ve shared and the fantastic journey we went on together, nothing can take that away.
Take care Patch.

So it’s goodbye to Debden then and hello to a wonderful, new life…

7 comments:

  1. Oh Dan, I'm sad to hear of you break-up but I guess it happens to the best of us and I guess these things, are all so very personal to all of us.
    Breaking up can be hard and reaching that final decision, is also really difficult - believe me I've been down that road but it was right for me, that's for sure. I think we all know in our hearts when we've made the right decisions and indeed go with what feels right. Anyway, I'll stop rambling on and here's sending both of you strength and love for both of your respective futures.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so you broke up with our girlfriend.... You still have your wife, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best of luck. Didn't you say you were buying a place? I hope your move goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck, Daniel. Transition is terrifying and exciting all at the same time ... I suppose like a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to be a gentleman about it. Life is too short to be bitter, and this blog is too good to be weighed down. May you both find greater happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matt: you're a little confused dude, I have no wife, I left my previous partner a while ago but we'bve been living together still, I am very happily in love with the legend that is Eva-Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shit happens eh mate,all the best for the future,Honest i hope all goes well for ya!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.