Thursday, 15 March 2007

An Offer That I Couldn’t Refuse

I was teaching yesterday, working with a group of 6 year-olds and helping them develop a Spike Milligan poem for a whole school assemble performance; needless to say we had a right laugh pretending to be naughty cats who stole rubies, doing our best funny walks and making a giant washing machine.

One young chap seemed to take a shine to me and showed me where he lived out of the window of the school hall, taking me by the chin to make sure I could make out his road. He then invited me round to play and offered me cake and tea; I had to decline of course, don’t think his mum would’ve been too pleased with a 6ft 7in, big haired actor turning up on her doorstep but it made me think of that wonderful time as a child where pals are made so quickly and are round for tea, some cake and lots of fun in a flash.

The ease with which children engage, bond and are open to play never fails to impress me; long may it continue into their adult life.

8 comments:

  1. 6'7"!?

    Do the children think you're a monster?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They (kids) are such odd creatures. So warm at times and so mean at others. Glad you're not completely away from the internet. xx, c

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to make a helluva dad should you ever choose to become one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hon! Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm sorry I haven't had time to visit recently. You will make a GREAT dad, most obviously. Everyone in my family runs tall, BTW. My dad was 6'6" but aging makes you shrink a tad. My brothers are all tall, so's SaurKid. I hadn't pictured you that tall, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids are great. Teaching preschool has taught me to take life a little less seriously. And it's great to impact a kid enough that they want you to come over and play. I'm glad to hear that you're able to look at the positive side of life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's because they haven't had their mind f&$ked yet.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.