Thursday, 7 June 2007

Hair of God

I was teaching physical theatre yesterday in a lovely school in the London Borough of Havering, with a group of talented and gifted 14-15 year olds.

As the session drew to a close a particularly talented lad stepped forward and said:

“Can I touch your hair please? It’s amazing.”

Not quite sure what to say and taken by surprise but sensing the lad wasn’t taking the p*ss, I agreed to the request.


He touched my massive wig and beamed with joy: “That’s made my day, I’ve touched the hair of God!” and ambled off, waving to me as I gathered my stuff to go home.


You gotta’ love the kids.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing to what kids can connect with in this world? Your story has made me remember being that age and my own drama teacher and how she appreciated us as people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always imagined him to be bald.
    GOD I mean, kinda like Patrick Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THAT!

    You look so thin in this pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hair of God and the God of war!
    But have you mastered the Proevolution dance... I think not!
    Mwa ha ha ha xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.