Tuesday, 21 October 2008

There's Probably No God. Now Stop Worrying And Enjoy Your Life

ALL ABOARD THE ATHEIST BUS CAMPAIGN!

I was perusing my online edition of that fine liberal rag The Guardian this fair morn and stumbled upon a marvellous story about atheists bandying together to raise money to put an atheist advert on a London bus.

It seems the idea originally started when a certain Ariane Sherine was fed up of being harangued by ominous, doom-laden adverts on buses; that threatened that a lack of faith in a certain Mr. Christ as the saviour of humanity, would lead to long time burning in hell and other such ball bags.

Time for the atheists to strike back with their own advertising hoardings getting people to think and we all know how much religious people hate thinking and questioning minds.

This idea has the backing of the British Humanist Association and Richard Dawkins (recently banned in Turkey which is a badge of honour for any right thinking person) who is promising to match the funding up to £5,500. The aim is two sets of adverts, on thirty London buses for four weeks and this is where you come in...

DONATE MONEY TO THE FUND HERE PLEASE!



I've chipped in already and we're not far off so get your donations in there.

And remember, a thinking mind is a dangerous one so let the thinking commence.

9 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to get banned from Turkey!

    Atheists rule. But I prefer the term "Bright."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really hysterical. Love it! (Even though I'm a B.A. Christian). People need to stop shoving their faith down other people's throats. That goes for the Muslims, too. I had some Jehovah's Witnesses stop by yesterday morning and interrupt my day of work. I was just about to call a customer, the dogs started barking, and I had to put everything on hold to deal with a cantankerous woman from Hungary who wanted to debate religion with me at 10 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They'll be able to buy a plane soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. M@: yep, brights is a good term and the Turkey ban is something we all aim for.

    Saur: thanks for your understanding on the matter, many faith sufferers are not so tolerent of the idea.

    Clarissa: COMMIT! No fence sitting, come to the party!

    Ben: I know, fucking amazing amount of cash here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that the ad is Atheist, without apology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that. We all need to relax a little and have some fun. Just do it without hurting others. I'm pretty sure that's all god would ask for anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We seem to have enough to buy the British banking system...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that they used the word "probably". Their absolute conviction (and need to make my conviction the equal whether I want it so or not) is the thing that generally bugs me about religious folk.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.