Monday, 12 January 2009

Every Citizen Should Have a Copy...

I've just finished reading the United States Constitution, kindly bought me for Christmas by Eva-Jane and what a miraculous, pithy document it is.

I urge one and all to read it, if you haven't already that is and pay particular attention to the bits where religion is to be kept as far away from governance as possible, where it says America can have a militia but not everyone carry a gun (many people seem to have got this one very, very wrong indeed, mainly because they have no idea what a militia is...) and where non-whites were given the vote before women were.

I'm jealous.

I wish the UK has one of these things...and don't throw the Magna Carta in my face, because that just doesn't cut it as a constitution.
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

5 comments:

  1. For such a "tosser," you sure love Amerika!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what exactly IS a militia, my friend. There's the rub. A militia could be just one guy. Me, myself and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY! I'm no tosser and I never said I hated America either bitch and as for what a militia is, think nationl guard not some douche with a rifle and a Mach 10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some teacher you are only now to have bothered to read the US Constitution: God help the kids you teach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donal, is this what has to happen now, tit-for-tit return fire?

    We don't want to be as bad as Hamas and Israel now do we?

    I teach acting, the US constitution has very little to do with acting.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.