Friday, 27 March 2009

Crying at the Coal Face

It can't be easy being naturally gifted?

(Jokes)

I wouldn't know, I've got some instinct but much of what I've got was gotten via graft

True, the older I get the better I get

And I am pretty good

But you're young and brilliant

Be proud please

It's not a millstone, or a curse

It's a blessing and a back-up

And no one can take it away from you

Not matter what they say

And as I stroked your hair and gave you a kiss

I felt your tears land on my arm

I held onto you

And did my best

Because, my boy

I love you

And what you've got

And I'll do all I can

To guide you on the path

You've got to walk, on your own

Swatting away the twats

They'll try and distract you

I won't be there

But if you look hard enough

I will...

3 comments:

  1. I love 'swatting away the twats' ... the 't's and 'w's and 's's. Lot of crying men here lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this is compliment or not. The poem connects to the picture, that without the picture, it wouldn't mean as much. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

    Nothing wrong with two art forms used together, to create something better. There is acting and writing as an example.

    Damn that is a powerful picture. Sometime I'll want to use it at my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.