Tuesday, 31 March 2009

For Eva-Jane: Blood Bank


Well I met you at the blood bank
We were looking at the bags

Wondering if any of the colours

Matched any of the names we knew on the tags
You said "See, look that's yours!

Stacked on top with your brother's

See how they resemble one another

Even in their plastic little covers?"

And I said, I know it well

That secret that you know

But don't know how to tell

It fucks with your honour
And it teases your head

But you know that it's good girl

'Cos its running you with red

Then the snow started falling

We were stuck out in your car

You were rubbing both of my hands

Chewing on a candy bar

You said: "Ain't this just like the present

To be showing up like this."

As a moon waned to crescent

We started to kiss


And I said, I know it well


That secret that we know

That we don't know how to tell

I'm in love with your honour
I'm in love with your cheeks

What's that noise up the stairs babe?

Is that Christmas morning creaks?

And I said, I know it well

I know it well...

2 comments:

  1. Not at a nightclub, audition or school, but you found love at a blood bank.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.