Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Sculptures of Children

This weekend I was filming Natalie Imbruglia's latest music video ("Wild About It" which is the first single off of her new album) and some viral bits and pieces for it, which was an interesting experience, mainly because I've never done a music video before and the shoot contained some surreal moments, more so than any other shoot I've been on.

To begin with, it was a little odd to be introduced to Alan Carr and David Walliams (who were both doing some viral bits for the shoot) by the aforementioned Natalie Imbruglia. The fact that they both looked like they'd been on the razz and smelt of alcohol only added to the oddness of the chit-chat.

It is always funny when you meet a famous person and shake hands, you introduce yourself and they introduce themselves, knowing full well that you know their name already.

Natalie also had a few of her friends there, which included Richard Branson's children Holly and Sam Branson, who I ended up being sandwiched between during one part of the shoot, which is no doubt some people's idea of a dream but for me, all I could reflect on is what it must be like to the children of a billionaire and be either side of me...

Heh.

We were shooting at this amazing house in Richmond, £15 million at least and in between takes I explored the extensive grounds with it's own tennis courts and cricket pitch but I was tickled to spot that even the rich have ghastly taste, as the owner had constructed some fake ruins in the garden.

Upon closer inspection of the fake ruins, I noticed that the owner of the house had secreted about the place some lifelike recreations of his own children, which to be frank, freaked the fuck out of me. They are pictured below.


Is it just me or is that very, very weird? I mean, I checked and his kids are not dead, which is perhaps the only excuse I could muster of why you'd build fake ruins and then have bronze sculptures of your offspring lounging in them.

Perhaps if I ever get that rich I will embark on such mental projects but for now I'll stick to having a conservatory put on the back of the flat.

13 comments:

  1. It's a variant of the folly. It's what rich people do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go out on a limb here. I met David Walliams once and thought he was really quite rude, sort of looked through me as if I wasn't there.

    Matt Lucas on the other hand, was extremely sweet on the few ocassions that I met him. In another life I knew his (ex-)husband although we don't speak anymore.

    The child scupltures are extremely creepy. You could imagine stumbling home drunk from the pub one night and thinking people were lurking in your garden in the dark. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, I can confirm your statement regarding the Walliams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DHG said:
    There was a lot of folly...

    Darren replies:
    There was a lot of lolly...


    Regarding Walliams: If you had a cock as large as his, you'd look through people when you met them. This is why I am always attentive and a good listener. (Very small cock)

    ReplyDelete
  5. On a casting-site I read your role was 'Cuddle Man'. Must have been a nice job. Did you get to cuddle Natalie too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, just handshakes and smiles, no cuddling of Natalie unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The musicvideo is now online at: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid31279729001?bclid=31180478001&bctid=31649471001

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very kind of you anon, funny to see how much I've been edited out yet they paid me extra for extra work I did.

    Oh well, so it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, looks like they gave you 2 minutes Solo! (that 'dancing man' is you, isn't it? )
    See: http://www.natalieimbruglia.com/videos.php (tab: virals)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you're the dancing man, then you made it to the pages of 'The Sun'!

    See: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2569878/Natalie-Imbruglias-new-video-with-David-Walliams-and-Alan-Carr.html

    and: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/article307898.ece?channel=Celebs+Exposed&clipID=1347_SUN25922

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes that is me anonymous Natalie Imbruglia fan, thanks so much for flagging that and giving me the links, at last my moment in the Sun...

    Heh, it's funny, I write for an anti-Sun website...OH THE HYPOCRISY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.