Friday, 3 July 2009

Worship Supplies

I was at an audition last week in a church and whilst I was waiting to be seen I saw a large cupboard which had the following sign on the front...

Worship supplies?

This made me very curious, what was inside this metallic haven I wondered? Perhaps some mini-Christs, or the communion flesh and blood, a cupboard full of crucifixes or even God himself, waiting to be brought out, dusted off and to strut his stuff for the awe stuck minions?

Curiosity got the better of me and I jemmied the cupboard open, committing a minor felony in the process and all was revealed to me...

Tea, bottled water, NESCAFÉ, white sugar sachets and some urns. Ho Hum.

So, that's all you need to worship?

That and a bit of faith I suppose...

5 comments:

  1. Hey mate, I just wanted to wish you a happy and safe Fourth of July. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a common mistake here. You thought the first word on the sign was a noun, when it is, in fact, a verb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're actually warship supplies

    ReplyDelete
  4. M@: same to you dude!

    BP: clever, I like it.

    Rich: I've heard Jesus loved a quick game of warships...

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.