Monday, 19 October 2009

EPIC LEVITICUS FAIL

I was going to continue with my series of Bible Study posts but then I stumbled upon this blog post and as it is connected in theme to my current musings, I thought I'd share it, especially in the current climate in the UK of casual gay bashing that we have seen with the sad loss of Stephen Gately.

You may or may not be familar with the book in the Bible called Leviticus, it is a pretty hardcore collection of laws and rulings that Jews and Chrisitians should abide by, of course most of them are pretty hard to abide by but as is the trend nowadays, some selective reading has enabled people to pick and choose the laws they like. An oft-quoted section is Leviticus 18:22...

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

And it goes on to add in Leviticus 20:13...

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Lovely bigoted stuff but then some American idiot went and got  it tattooed on his arm...


Forgetting of course that at Leviticus 19:28 it says:

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."

Looks like someone will be joining all the gays burning in hell...

6 comments:

  1. So I am gay with a tattoo! DAMNED FOR ALL TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ironic.

    Of course the catch is, irony is wasted on these people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't help look at the tat & think "Hmm, maybe he doth protesteth too much" Mind you, got me thinking "What Biblical phrase should I get a tat of" - Maybe “Love is always patient and kind; it is never jealous, love is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offense, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end.”

    Of course these right wing twats never really pay too much attention to the bits about being nice to people and trying to get along with everyone, so it would be wasted on them. Maybe I'll just get a Fender Jag Tat instead

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen:

    Yes, I'm afraid so and with my tattoo and constance disbelief in God I'm sure I'll be buring right next to you.

    Beth:

    Indeed it is, pity the fools.

    Rog:

    I thought that, what would compell a man to feel so insecure in is sexuality, is so riddled with fear of homosexuality, that he has to make an EPIC FAIL and put that on his bloody arm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel,

    I suppose he could have just tattoe'd TWAT on his forehead, but it wouldn't have been half as funny and none of us would have known why. On reflection I think he's done us all a favour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed, a useful marking in order to recognise idiocy.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.