Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Things I Find at London Bus Stops Part 17

I don't know what it is with bus stops in London and the ones that are near my gaff but they are becoming a rich source of material for my blog.

There I was, minding my own business in Wood Green, waiting for a bus to take me home when I spied a home made poster sellotaped to the bus shelter...

It warns us that Helen Yemane (pictured) is a devil and a liar, just in case you had forgotten that one of the skills usually attributed to a devil is its ability to lie at the drop of a hat. It then mentions Quicksilver in Wood Green, which is one of those terrible amusement arcades with nasty ceramics in the window, where people go to piss away their dreams, where one can only presume she works; indeed the attached phone number belongs to Quicksilver.

We then have the magic moment that, based on a grainy, badly photocopied image of a slightly startled looking Helen Yemane, someone deigned her sexy and felt compelled to scrawl over the top of the poster.

The mind boggles as to what poor Helen did to offend some one so much that they felt moved to make posters of her and put them up not too far from where she worked. Is it the classic story of a spurned lover (rightly spurned, if they make fucking posters of you and stick them to bus stops) or is she in fact a devil (if not the devil) and a horrible liar?

I've decided that I'm going to visit Helen Yemane this Thursday at Quicksilver and ask her about the devil thing.

I'll keep you posted as to how that goes...

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. I've seen similar posters myself in the past and wondered what the background was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it quite chilling. I hope the poor women is still alive and well. Be very careful what questions you ask, HG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you consider editing out her name before posting it online? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth:

    They are a common if not odd urban reality now but having second thoughts about speaking to the woman.

    Darren:

    See above, I am not sure that I will seek her out but I am sure she is well and good.

    Jess:

    I did consider it but then I thought it would be fine, if she Googles herself and finds this and wants it removing I will do so of course.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.