Monday, 9 November 2009

The Best Albums of My Life: 1976-09



My final music based list for a bit, until I unleash my top albums of 2009 upon your asses, is a simple top ten pick of the best albums released in my life time, with some notable mentions thrown in for good measure. I am aware that the title of this post makes it look like I'm dead but I'm not, not yet anyway.

10. PEARL JAM – TEN (1991)


9. THE STREETS – A GRAND DON'T COME FOR FREE (2004)



8. THE MARS VOLTA - DE-LOUSED AT THE COMATORIUM (2003)



7. RADIOHEAD – OK COMPUTER (1997)



6. THE SMITHS – QUEEN IS DEAD (1986)



5. BLACK FLAG – MY WAR (1984)



4. NIRVANA – IN UTERO (1993)



3. THE SMITHS – HATFUL OF HOLLOW (1984)


2. NIRVANA – NEVERMIND (1991)



1. BLACK FLAG – DAMAGED (1981)


And as always, what follows are the notable mentions, the close but no cigar albums of the last 33 years...

THE LEMONHEADS – HATE YOUR FRIENDS (1987)

IGGY POP – LUST FOR LIFE (1977)

OASIS – DEFINITELY MAYBE (1994)

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE – RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE (1992)

STRAIGHT OUTTA' COMPTON - NWA (1988)

THE MISFITS – WALK AMONG US (1982)

8 comments:

  1. Hey, I've heard some of those records!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nirvana, Pearl Jam = my speed.

    The Smiths = my rebel band. I saw them in Boston. A woman named Frank opened for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, been a while! Love ur picture--looks very 1940s/1950s:-)) thx for the list. Will have to check some of em out! No Led Zeppelin on ur list??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree completely with Radiohead. Otherwise, it would appear that our taste in music is more than somewhat divergent.

    Flaneur

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellie:

    We are on the same page it seems?

    Emmanuel:

    Dude, seriously, what blog is the one you blog on everyday so I know to link to it, I think I', linking to the wrong one that you NEVER update. As for the Led Zep, they didn't release owt that was any good between 1976-09, all their good stuff is before then so can't include it in me list.

    Jez:

    Hello mate, how are you? At least we have Radiohead in common, what would be on your list?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel, as u know, am a man of mystery...so will have to give you a choice of two I update regularly> http://ekbensahinghana.blogspot.com and http://accradailyphoto.blogspot.com. Perhaps you can do a feasibility of which u prefer, till I gt my groove back on for the ekbensah.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, now I know I'll change the link BUT turn that bloody music off embedded in your blog dude!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.