Wednesday, 4 November 2009

The Best Albums of the Noughties

Following on from yesterday's music themed post, I'm sharing with you yet another list, this time what I believe are the best albums released between the year 2000 and right bloody now!

Hold onto your hats people and feel free to offer contrary lists in the comments, or suggestions, or hate mail directed at my music taste...

10. THE STREETS – ORIGINAL PIRATE MATERIAL (2002)


9. COLDPLAY – PARACHUTES (2000)


8. FRANZ FERDINAND - FRANZ FERDINAND (2004)


7. RADIOHEAD – IN RAINBOWS (2007)


6. SYSTEM OF A DOWN – MEZMERIZE (2005)


5 .RYAN ADAMS – GOLD (2001)


4. THE STROKES – IS THIS IT (2001)


3. ARCTIC MONKEYS – WHATEVER PEOPLE SAY I AM, THAT'S WHAT I'M NOT (2006)


2. THE STREETS – A GRAND DON'T COME FOR FREE (2004)


1. THE MARS VOLTA – DELOUSED AT THE COMATORIUM (2003)


Notable mentions that don't make it onto the list but are worthy of a shout-out include:

CRAIG DAVID – BORN TO DO IT (2001)

YEAH YEAH YEAHS – FEVER TO TELL (2003)

OUTKAST – SPEAKERBOXXX/THE LOVE BELOW (2003)

SURFJAN STEVENS – SEVEN SWANS (2004)

BON IVER – FOR EMMA, FOREVER AGO (2008)

TURIN BRAKES – THE OPTIMIST LP (2001)

10 comments:

  1. Jesus. Looking at your list reminds me of how scarily quick time is going! In Rainbows 2007 already? It feels like last week...And the same with The Strokes' Is This It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Claude, indeed, time is flying by and music of our youth is becoming the music of a decade ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really must check out that Mars Volta album.

    I don't think I could put together a top 10. It'd be too hard.

    If I was really pushed though, I reckon there'd be some Foos in there. In Your Honour was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you should Beth, it is pretty progressive and heavy and a real trip but absolutely gripping guitar based clatter.

    I am a fan of early Foo Fighters but as they go on their sound goes on year after year it all gets a bit mainstream for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and Claude, been listening to Nirvana's Bleach a lot of late and that is now 20 years old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good stuff DHG! Though I might have found a place in the main list for Bon Iver, that's a lovely album.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is and it was close to making it into the Top 10 but couldn't edge out any gems that were there.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.