Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Meme Cancer: Coming Out of Remission in 2010


The above picture documents a female blogger checking if she has Meme Cancer, as first defined by Daniel Hoffmann-Gill in June 2005.

It's been a while since I got tagged with a meme but what the hell, it came from Savannah, who is alright by me, so here is my response to the aforementioned meme...

1. Is there one book that you re-read with some sort of regularity? (every two years, once a decade sort of thing) and if so, why?

The Bible, so I can remind myself of how utterly awful it is; usually some Nietzsche so I can remember that humanity is all there is and a smattering of Rollins, whenever I lose the urge to pound the keys so hard my hands bleed.

2. Do you still watch cartoons? And if so, which ones and why those in particular?

Yes, Family Guy is my latest box-set love affair and it rocks like you wouldn't believe...you bastard.



3. What's the one thing you can't imagine living without on a daily basis?

My Eva-Jane.

4. Take out/take away or home cooking more than three times a week?

Home cooking all the way and I do it as I am an actor and thus a house husband and I am very good at it. Dishes include Bobotie, fried chicken salad and a fine stew & dumplings.

5. Which is your most favorite room in your home?

Our front room because I built it based on Eva-Jane's excellent design.

6. Are you currently following/regularly watching a TV series? Which one and why?

Don't really watch TV live so to speak, so I guess it would have to be Family Guy...you bastard.



7. Have you seen "The Player"?

Yes, it is a pretty good film but not outstanding.

8. Other than your blog, do you keep a personal journal?

No, my blog is my personal journal, although it may come and bite me hard on the ass one day, so be it.

9. Do you have a favorite movie quote that you routinely use?

Not routinely use but I do find myself occasionally saying: "I'd buy that for a dollar!" for no apparent reason (from the movie of my childhood: Robocop).



10. Will you tag six bloggers or will you leave this open ended and accept answers in comments?

No, as I fucking hate memes but I did this one as Savannah is cool. If people feel justly moved, they may empty their minds in the comments. Knock yourself out.

3 comments:

  1. have i told y'all how much i love you? (in an older sister sort of way, of course!) ;~D xoxoxox

    (i shall add y'all to the do not tag for a meme list, sugar! captain chaos and whit rabbit are also there. thanks so much for playing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting in Starbucks in the city, listening to Curiosity Killed The Cat and I figure what the heck, I can do a meme.

    1. Is there one book that you re-read with some sort of regularity? (every two years, once a decade sort of thing) and if so, why?
    Not really. I’m not much of a reader. I’ve probably read Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis a few times and I love it but I can’t really explain why.

    2. Do you still watch cartoons? And if so, which ones and why those in particular?
    Yes. In no particular order:
    Family Guy (It’s freakin’sweet)
    Spongebob Squarepants (I empathise with Squidward)
    Chowder (Schntizel makes me laugh so much)
    The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (because I love that they’ve made the Grim Reaper Jamaican and because people say Mandy and I have some similarities)
    Johnny Test (I love Dookie, the talking dog)
    Samurai Jack (The animation is cool)
    Fairly Odd Parents (who doesn’t wish they had fairy godparents?)


    3. What's the one thing you can't imagine living without on a daily basis?
    My family, the cat, my best friends and my bed. Not all together, obviously. That would be weird.

    4. Take out/take away or home cooking more than three times a week?
    Home cooking, which I do and beat myself up about. I’m not a particularly good cook and after a long day at the office I never have much energy to put into it.

    5. Which is your most favorite room in your home?
    I virtually live in my bedroom, but I love the bathroom. I’m a gal who likes pampering.

    6. Are you currently following/regularly watching a TV series? Which one and why?
    Not really. The last one I followed was Entourage but I’m a bit behind. I’m not very good at following series through, I usually have to have all the box sets and I’ll blitz them over a weekend.

    7. Have you seen "The Player"?
    Nope.

    8. Other than your blog, do you keep a personal journal?
    No. I barely update the blog, so I stand no chance with something I’d have to hand write in.

    9. Do you have a favorite movie quote that you routinely use?
    I have a few that get used but its not exactly routine. “A gun rack..?” from Wayne’s World is one I use when someone gives me something pointless and “Bunch of savages in this town.” from Clerks is another.

    10. Will you tag six bloggers or will you leave this open ended and accept answers in comments?
    I’m posting in your comments, so I guess this one doesn’t apply to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savannah:

    Thank you for tolerating and loving my petulance!

    Beth:

    And thanks to you for actually sharing something of yourself, I really appreciate it, some sound facts.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be under the misapprehension that this blog has a laissez-faire comments policy where commenters can get away with whatever they want to say on account of their ‘freedom of speech’.

Blurred Clarity has a stringent comments policy. So anything off-topic, diversionary, trollish, abusive, misogynist, racist, homophobic or xenophobic will be deleted.

Cheers duckies.